Exploration of Options for extending the capacity of the Terminal 1 Outward Bound Control and improving vertical circulation for passengers using the Terminal 1 Check In areas.
Completed works include:
- Redesign of ex car park to create new ground floor security control including 4 parallel load matrix enabled security lanes, new border force and counter terrorism facilities.
- Reconfiguration of operational facilities.
- Creation a new dedicated entrance and portal into ground floor check-in for major airline operator.
- Comprehensive refurbishment of ground floor check in zone to including new access stairway, public toilets, airline operator accommodation.
- Construction of new PRM (Persons of Restricted Mobility) waiting zone.
- Modifications to RZ and CP boundaries.
TERMINAL 1 NEW GROUND LEVEL SECURITY FACILITY
Location: Terminal 1, Manchester Airport, UK
Client: Manchester Airports Group (MAG)
Contractor: WH Good
Project Lead: Peter Marshall